At Moreton Bay Boys’ College we encourage our students to be guided by Christian values. Our school chaplaincy program exists to provide pastoral care for the students, staff and families of the MBBC school community. This focuses on the spiritual and emotional needs of the college community and is achieved through a variety of avenues, which include the following:
- pastoral intervention and care;
- crisis care;
- spiritual and emotional guidance;
- values education;
- facilitation of social, emotional and spiritual programs;
- Christian education: RE, chapel;
- liaison with local churches, youth groups and support agencies;
- community activities: eg Christian Fellowship groups, Wynnum Wipe-Out, combined Youth Group events.
Our Chaplain is Reverend Shane McCarthy. Shane is a qualified Teacher and an Ordained Pastor who has extensive experience working with young people. He has been involved in youth ministry in a variety of capacities, including church and school chaplaincy roles for the last 20 years.
Shane is available for appointments with school and family members and can be contacted by phone through the school reception or by email: email@example.com
Following are some worthwhile links, articles and youth groups:
RAISING TEENS BOOK SUGGESTIONS: a list of suggested reading material for parents of teenagers.(list attached)
BAYSIDE UNITING CHURCH: Includes information on Sunday School and Youth Group programs in the local area. ttp://bayuca.unitingchurch.org.au
Shane regularly contributes to the College newsletter, which you can read on our Chaplain’s Corner